Biltong Pot Poitjie Recipe
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 x fresh green chilli and chopped
- 1 x yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 200 g button mushrooms
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 750 ml (Any Brand) cooked pasta (Penne)
- 1 kg biltong, sliced
- 2 X 200 g bacon
- 2 x 200 g Chorizo
- 200g Cheese grillers (sliced)
- 200 g salami sticks (sliced)
- 200 g gouda grated cheese
- 45 ml (3 T) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Sauces (Nandos Peri Peri, Sweet Chilli, Tomato Sauce)
- Heat a potjie pot over medium coals.
- Add the oil and fry the onions, bacon, peppers and garlic until the bacon is cooked and the peppers have softened.
- Add the mushrooms, cheese grillers, chorizo, salami sticks and fry until slightly softened.
- Add the beef stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the (half cooked) pasta and the biltong in layers.
- Sprinkle the cheese and the parsley on the top of the last layer.
- Add your favourite sauce depending on your type of dish (Sweet or Hot)
- Cover the potjie pot with the lid and simmer gently over low heat coals for 15 - 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pasta heated though.
- Sprinkle over the biltong and serve hot.